A quick update on "Adulting"

Hi one, hi all,

Can you actually believe that 11 months have passed since my last post?! Shocking behaviour I know and every time I get the chance to write, I say I'm going to keep it up and then life gets in the way. BUT, since my last post, life has changed a lot and now I'm in an actual career that I love, settled into a new house, in a new town and actually feel the most adult I've ever felt, let's hope I can keep my promise!

Kew Gardens in September


To think that this time last year I had just returned from Sri Lanka, then the UK, was still living in the Maldives working my last few weeks before the trip of a life time to Bali then I eventually made the move back to the UK. Not going to lie, and I don't want to bore you all with my whining and moaning but it has been an emotional year since I moved back and I really did struggle to settle back down. Christmas at home was amazing but having been away for so long it was really strange that everything had changed so much while I was away and I felt like a spare part in everyones lives for about 6 months. Moving back home was a big decision I made for the sake of my mental health but I never anticipated that I'd get far worse before I got better. I felt as if I had nothing that was mine, that I'd worked for and no purpose but my family and friends were the most supportive network I needed and somehow, I made it through Christmas, the January blues and winter. I worked freelance in retail operations and management cover and I also tutored in French but my head was still all over and my heart wasn't in it and I knew it wasn't a sustainable option. I craved a routine and I craved a purpose.

I started practising yoga and doing a lot of meditation, I focused my energy on trying to be productive, I spent time with family, I caught up with friends and any spare minute I had was spent at my macbook frantically searching for the buying job I so desperately wanted.

Vegan Beats and Eats @ The Front Room

Fast forward to the present and I've been working in the buying department at Mint Velvet for just under 6 months, living just outside of London and honestly feel like I have the most purpose I've ever had in my life. After what felt like a million job applications, 2 interviews, a lot of tears, one cruise ship job offer and a whole lectures worth of pep talks from my loved ones here we finally are! Don't get me wrong it's tough at times but finding a career that I love so much, that I'm good at, with a company and people that I adore, makes me so thankful. After rereading my post-graduation blues post, it's really fulfilling to see how far I've actually came since then, how much I've matured, grown and learnt about myself and other people.

Mint Velvet's 10th Birthday party
I've got plans for a lot more posting, a lot more creativity and being totally and unapologetically myself as happy as I am. This isn't me preaching about how mint my life is (well I guess it kinda is actually), but the point is HOPE! A reminder to love yourself and trust yourself enough to know you made/ will make the right decisions and working damn hard to make sure you get where you want.

Stay tuned for a wee fashion update and room post in the next couple of weeks!

Peace out.

H XO


Comments